A lovely alternative to mashed potatoes, this recipe combines celery root, cauliflower, garlic, butter, rosemary, and thyme for a dish that’s full of flavor.
1 large head cauliflower, florets removed
1 celery root, peeled and diced
2 large cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon rosemary
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place cauliflower, celery root, and garlic in a large stock pot and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil and allow vegetables to cook until soft enough to pierce easily with a knife, about 15 minutes.
3. When vegetables are done, drain and place in a food processor.
4. Add butter, milk, rosemary, and thyme. Process until smooth.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.